The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity focused on community support and development. Our aim is to provide every individual in our community with opportunities for personal growth, community involvement, and leadership. By making connections, collaborating, and mirroring our region’s diversity, we believe we can become the network that binds our many neighbourhoods into one city, one country, and one world.
The YMCA is a charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement, and leadership.
Our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults.
The YMCA is guided by certain values that inform the way we act and the decisions we make:
- Caring – we act with compassion and concern for the well-being of others
- Health – we are committed to physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development
- Honesty – we demonstrate integrity and trustworthiness
- Inclusiveness – we appreciate diversity, strive to be open to all, and seek to understand differences and find common ground
- Respect – we recognize and protect the inherent worth of every person, including oneself
- Responsibility – we are dependable and accountable for choices, actions, and commitments
At YMCA, we take our commitments to the community seriously. We see a day when more people, especially youth, connect with each other, give of themselves, and grow in their sense of purpose and belonging. We envision an inclusive society where everyone, regardless of their background, experiences, or circumstances, participates fully. And we work towards building a community characterized by strong, supportive connections between individuals and among groups.
YMCA of Greater Toronto 2013. All rights reserved.
Charitable registration number 11930 7080 RR0001.