At YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada, our goal is to give youth groups the opportunity to learn more about other communities across Canada. In the process, participants learn new skills, develop a stronger sense of community, and get a chance to experience Canada’s diversity firsthand.
As part of this goal, our objectives are to:
- Contribute to improved knowledge and understanding of Canada among Canadian youth, enabling them to learn firsthand about the history, geography, the economy, institutions, cultures, communities, languages and other facets of their country.
- Help young Canadians connect to one another and create links throughout the country and among groups, thereby helping to strengthen the fabric of Canadian society.
- Develop Canadian identity and attachment to Canada among youth by enhancing appreciation of both the diversity and the shared aspects of the Canadian experience.
- Contribute to the development of leadership skills in young Canadians.
- Foster a stronger sense of community by providing opportunities for youth to become actively engaged in their own and other communities in Canada.
If you’re ready to apply to the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program, here is your next step:
If you have any questions, please call us 1-877-639-9987.